Travel and Adventure
Climb Mt. Guiting-Guiting, Mt. Dulang-Dulang to Mt. Kitanglad, or Mt. Halcon– Climbed Mt. Dulang-Dulang and traversed to Mt. Kitanglad in November 2014.
- Go back to Sabah and dayhike Mt. Kinabalu
Backpack Southeast Asia– Couldn’t take a month or so off work, so I just went solo backpacking in Thailand, Indonesia, and Malaysia on separate occasions.
- Visit Batanes in northern Philippines, and go trekking in Itbayat Island
- Learn how to bike and swim – HAHAHAHA HUHUHUHUHU I FAIL
Fitness and Wellbeing
- Join an altitude trail running event
Compete with the team in a dragonboat racePaddled with the PDRT Fireblades Team B on March 10 in the 2013 La Laguna Dragonboat Race, which saw the participation of 16 club teams. PDRT Team B placed 8th while Team A placed 2nd! New goal: paddle with Team A someday! Deepen yoga practice—and accomplish the headstand Practice meditation regularly Develop mindful eating habits
Work and Education
- Study abroad
- Publish a book – I did get a few stuff published in journals and anthologies, though.
- Write for a travel magazine
Moonlight as a mountain guide; learn more about and advocate LNT principles and low-impact ecotourism– Trail Adventours <3
Home and Relationships
- Rent solo quarters
- Take at least a two-day trip alone with Mother
- Read at least five books on the psychology and philosophy of love – Books read so far: A Vindication of Love by Cristina Nehring, The Politics of Reality by Marilyn Frye; Essays on Love by Alain de Botton (though technically, it’s philosophical fiction); on the to-read pile: A Lover’s Discourse by Roland Barthes, The Beloved by Kahlil Gibran, any more suggestions? :)
Strive to be more empathetic and tender; do not eschew vulnerability Visit a friend met while traveling in their hometown or country
Pay credit card: zero monthly balance
- Improve monthly cash flow: budget income properly – I still spend too much on overpriced coffee and books I don’t have time to read. :(
Open dedicated savings account for travels and emergencies Get accident insurance
- Deepen financial literacy and start investing